These are a relatively healthy snack food, quite reasonably priced and easy to do. They can be varied depending on your taste. Nick likes vegemite and butter, while Asher likes olive oil and chicken seasoning better. They are great for serving with dips like hummus and tatziki.
pita bread/Lebanese flatbread
Olive oil spray
Chicken seasoning (ours was a blend of lemon, roast garlic and oregano but other spice blends would work fine too!)
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C.
2. Line baking trays with baking paper.
3. Chop bread into 8 triangles (in half, in half again, and then again …) and lay pieces on baking tray.
4. Spray lightly with oil and sprinkle lightly with spice mix.
4. If you are doing the butter and vegemite version, spread a thin layer of butter and vegemite over the bread before chopping into the 8 pieces.
5. Bake in the oven till golden and crispy, this usually takes between 8-12 minutes depending on the oven and temperature.
6. Allow to cool before serving with dips or eating plain. Store in an airtight container.