With school well and truly started for the year I thought I would quickly post this muffin recipe. Now I’m a little closer to home again, my go to book for muffin recipes is my mum’s copy of Diana Linfoot’s Muffin Magic – this is my variation on her Banana muffins recipe (p15). I love baking a batch of snacks and then squirrelling them away into the freezer for the moment when a packed lunch needs an extra special something or there is an emergency breakfast crisis. There they are, waiting only to be defrosted – just like magic! Terrible puns aside, the recipe worked really well – hope it might meet someone else’s packed school lunch snack needs!
125g butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 medium bananas (1 1/2 cups)
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup coco
1/2 cup oat bran
1/3 cup white chocolate
1/3 cup pecans (+ a few extras to decorate)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC.
2. Line the muffin pans with baking paper or muffin liners.
3. Blend the butter and sugar together before adding in the bananas and egg.
4. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix till just combined.
5. Transfer mixture to muffin pans and top each muffin with a half pecan.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till cooked through and golden.
7. Enjoy as a snack straight away or freeze to use in lunch boxes thorough the week!